- Microeconomics of the Mountains, presentation by Mr A.Zaharakis, member Of the Mountains.
- January 2010-Anniversary meeting in Vossakos ‘’ Spatial Sustainable Competitiveness of the Rural Area ‘’.
The case of the Biologic-Livestock park in the central volume of the White Mountains, Introduction by Stavros Kambelis.
- Agricultural Development in the Lasithi Plateau – Environment, A.P.Economopoulos, E.M.Sfakiotakis, G.E.Haniotakis.
- Proposal of the Team of Lasithi for the opening of the University of the Mountains.
- Plan of Development of the Lasithi Plateau, A.P.Economopoulos, E.M.Sfakiotakis, G.E.Haniotakis.
- 18/01/2008,Speech by the Professor Ioannis Pallikaris on the issue :
‘’ The University of the Mountains’’.
Environments of the Mountains
The mountainous and remote regions of Crete, as also in the rest of Greece, are threatened by economic decline, which has entailed the flee of the young people to the urban centers as well as to delinquency. In other words the uncertainty characterizing the future and the difficult
Present times are responsible for the low level of self esteem of the in inhabitants of these areas who are the vehicles of our folklore civilization.
As a result, the University of Mountains was established as an initiative of a team of University Teachers, post-graduate students and representatives
Of the local societies. To the appeal of the above mentioned team responded enthusiastically famous personalities of letters and Arts, local vehicles and numerous simple citizens, who are very willing to contribute as much as they can, to the reversal of this negative climate and the pessimism that torment the mountainous areas .
The main goals of the University of Mountains are the following:
To support the traditional, development activities which are friendly to the environment (ecological tourism, local products, traditional jobs) with Know-how.
To study and reinforce the rich folklore tradition, which maintains to a certain degree, experiential knowledge and the values of mutual help and social offer.
To link scientific research with the needs and the reguire-ments of local societies, In other words, to make the University get out of its ivory tower.
To come up with innovative innovative in the critical sector of Education and Health.
The warm response of the population reinforces the University of Mountains
To continue its actions, realizing open discussions with the participation of all
the inhabitants of the areas that it visits.
- 29/01/2016 Women’s kafeneio in Lakkoi, Omalos Chania
- 29/01/2016 Men’s kafeneio in Karanou, Omalos Chania
- 27/11/2015 Women’s kafeneio in Achladia Sitia
- 27/11/2015 Men’s kafeneio in Achladia Sitia
- 23/10/2015 Women’s kafeneio in Pompia Festos
- 23/10/2015 Men’s kafeneio in Pompia Festos
- 25/09/2015 Women’s kafeneio in Agia Foteini Amari
- 25/09/2015 Men’s kafeneio in Agia Foteini Amari
- 17/07/2015 Women’s kafeneio in Palaia Roumata
- 17/07/2015 Men’s kafeneio in Palaia Roumata
- 05/06/2015 Women’s kafeneio in Melampes Agios Vasileios
- 05/06/2015 Men’s kafeneio in Melampes Agios Vasileios
- 08/05/2015 Women’s kafeneio in Nippls Apokoronas
- 08/05/2015 Men’s kafeneio in Nippos Apokoronas
- 03/04/2015 Women’s kafeneio in Sxinokapsala Ierapetra
- 03/04/2015 Men’s kafeneio in Schinokapsala Ierapetra
- 06/03/2015 Women’s kafeneio in Paranymfoi
- 06/03/2015 Men’s kafeneio in Paranymfoi, Archanes
- 29/01/2015 Women’s kafeneio in Aimonas
- 29/01/2015 Men’s kafeneio in Aimonas
- 28/11/2014 Women’s kafeneio in Rodovani Kantantou Selinou
- 28/11/2014 Men’s kafeneio in Rodovani Kantanou Selinou
- 31/10/2014 Women’s kafeneio in Tourloti Sitia
- 31/10/2014 Men’s kafeneio in Tourloti Sitia
- 06/10/2014, Women’s kafeneio in Gergeri
- 06/10/2014, Men’s kafeneio in Gergeri
- 27/06/2014, Women’s kafeneio in Meronas Amari
- 27/06/2014, Men’s kafeneio in Meronas Amari
- 09/05/2014, Women’s kafeneio in Fre Apokoronas
- 09/05/2014, Men’s kafeneio in Fre Apokoronas
- 11/04/2014, Women’s kafeneio in Kroustas
- 11/04/2014, Men’s kafeneio in Kroustas
- 28/02/2014, Women’s kafeneio in Palaia Roumata
- 28/02/2014, Men’ s kafeneio in Palaia Roumata
- 13-15/12/2013, Women’s kafeneio in Ammoudari
- 13-15/12/2012, Men’s kafeneio in Askifou, Sfakia
- 01/11/2013, Men’s kafeneio in Krousonas
- 01/11/2013, Women’s kafeneio in Krousonas
- 27/9/2013, Men’s kafeneio in Psichro
- 27/9/2013, Women’s kafeneio in Psichro
- 19/7/2013, Men’s kafeneio in Livadia
- 19/7/2013, Women’s kafeneio in Axos
- 31/5/2013, Men’s kafeneio in Nyvritos
- 31/5/2013, Women’s kafeneio in Gergeri
- 10/5/2013, Men’s kafeneio in Roustika, Rethimno
- 10/5/2013, Women’s kafeneio in Agios Konstantinos, Rethimno
- 3/4/2013, Men’s kafeneio in Meronas, Amari
- 3/4/2013, Women’s kafeneio in Panakron estate, Amari, Rethimnon
- 7/3/2013, Men’s kafeneio in Astrika, Kissamos
- 7/3/2013, Women’s kafeneio in Platanos, Kissamos
- 1/2/2013, Men’s kafeneio in Chandras, Sitia
- 1/2/2013, Women’s kafeneio in Ziros, Sitia
- 21/9/2012, Men’s kafeneio in Nteres Chania
- 21/9/2012, Women’s kafeneio in Palaia Roumata Chania
- 24/08/2012, Men’s coffee shop in the village Rodakino, Agios Vasilios, Rethymno.
- 13-14/07/2012, Men’s coffee shop in the village Asi Gonia.
- 22/06/2012, Men’s coffee shop in the village Sellia, in the municipality of Agios Vasilios.
- 16/05/2012, The Nutritional value of the herbs of Crete, presentation by Mr E.Kapetanakis, President of the Technological Educational institutes of Crete in the Coffee shop of the Mountains in the village Kritsa.
- 16/05/2012, Organic Olive Oil and Farmtourism, presentation by Mr G.Dimitriadis, in the Coffee shop of the Mountains in the village Kritsa.
- 27/08/2011, Saving restoration and amelioration of the Sfakian ewe, Sfakia, Al.Stefanakis, veterinarian, president of GEOTTE.
- 20/08/2011, Speech by the Professor Mr.Kopidakis on the issue Alkaios and Orations in Psiloritis, Damasta Malevizi.
- 7/10/2011, Fires and veldts in the municipality of Agios Vasilios, Melabes, Al.Stefanakis, veterinarian of GEOTEE.
- 9/10/2011,The security of the people and of the environment as a basic element of Quality in Agricultural Production, Professor Evaggelos Kapetanakis, president of the Technological Educational Institutes of Crete.
- 7/05/2011, Development of livestock oh the White Mountains, Omalos, Al.Stefanakis, veterinarian, President of CEOTEE.
- 09/05/2011, Biologic Livestock, Xylokastro, George Dimitriadis, Founder of Biolea in Chania.
- 07/05/2011, Province of Selino, brief historical review, Palaiohora, Om Professor Th.Detorakis.
- 06/05/2011,The Park of Saving of flora and Fauna, Palaiohora, Eastem Selino, Yiannis Filis, Professor of the University of Crete.
- 18/04/2011, Autonomous solar Cheese Factory, Emmanouil Benioudakis, Mechanical Ehgineer, Prefectural Mansion of Chania on the issue: ‘Taking Advantage of the Omalos Museum”
- 08/04/2011,Programme of Development of Amari, Region of Crete, St.Kampelis.
- 08/04/2011, Development of Primary Sector in Amari-Essential actions, Professor Evaggelos Kapetanakis, president of the Technological, Educational Institutes.
- 07/04/2011, climate change, Biodiversity, Human Responsibility, chamber of Heraklion, professor Ioannis A.Filis, Dean of the Polytechnic school of Crete.
- 20/03/2010, Introduction in the Lasithi Platean, Andony Tzompanakis president of the Kabaneio Institution.
- 30/10/2009, Mission to Kasos : The University of the Mountains in the most remoted islands of Greece.
- 18/01/2008, Speech by the Professor Ioannis Pallikaris in Vossakos on the issue: The University of the Mountains